Why Falcon and Winter Soldier can have all my money OR How I gave in and learned to be a comliant Marvel fanboy


Every time Marvel announces a new project, I think I go into a bit of a contrarian mode, roll my eyes and moan that we're doing ANOTHER Marvel thing.

Speaking of  Captain America, I'm so excited for Falcon and Winter Soldier I just peed my pants. Isn't it supposed to be the most watched trailer since the last trailer of a thing that Disney released? Yeah, those views were all me watching it on a loop.

So far, Disney's transition into streaming has been enjoyable. Wandavision is just delightful, isn't it? And the Mandalorian? *chef kiss* The production value of these streaming shows is just through the roof and there's a good chance I may never leave my house again. Take note, Warner Bros. I love Chris Nolan, Denis Villeneuve and yes, even Zach Snyder (don't @ me!), but if I can watch all their wonderful goodness from the comfort of my home without being up to my eyebrows in the covid infected masses, I will take that option any day of the week.

And this trailer is just awesome. I think 90% of what pumped me up is the music, of course. A few observations:

1) You notice how the end of a Marvel trailer has to end with a cheesy joke? I mean, this staring contest stinger isn't funny at all. I feel Zach Snyder DC movies would end with Joker saying a meme or Superman punching a baby or something (an evil baby, of course).

2) Why is it when movies have a black lead, hip hop music follows? Chris Nolan almost never includes music with vocals in his movies, but the moment John David Washington shows up in the trailer Travis Scott is suddenlty dropping bars. Not that I mind. Just an observation. And it totally works on me! Is it because I'm black and all black people like hip hop music? I guess. Whatever, I'm here for it!

I don't want to rant about this just yet. March 19th can't come soon enough. I do have a thing or two to say about the sudden deluge of Black versions of our phase 1 characters, but I'll leave that for another time.


Comments